Let me quickly paint a picture for you. You are sleeping and all of a sudden your spouse jumps up out of bed and starts yelling at you. They start yelling, ”why would you do that to me?”
You gasp! “What did I do? What happened?”
“You cheated on me in my dreams,” they explained.
Yes, this type of dream occurs more often than you might think. It’s actually more common for a person to dream of the spouse cheating than the dreamer cheating. Interesting, right?! Let’s jump in to understand what these dreams may mean.
Prior to reading about what these dreams mean, maybe you should watch the Youtuber Ginger Billy and what experience he had with his wife. I laughed maybe you will too!
When we dream of a partner cheating it’s not necessarily saying they are cheating or will. It may mean that you have feelings of guilt or betrayal. It may not be related to your partner at all. It could be related to how you have compromised your values or beliefs.
What if your partner is cheating…
- Partner Cheating With A Stranger – You may be feeling like you are getting cheated out of quality time and attention from your partner.
- Advice – If your partner isn’t giving you enough quality time maybe you should bring it up to them. It may be solved with a simple conversation.
- Partner cheating with an ex-partner – If you are certain your partner loves you and won’t cheat with the ex then it could be a sign that you may be jealous of something their ex has.
- Advice – Focus on why aspects make you jealous in the dream. This could give you a clue as to what makes you fear them.
- Partner cheating with someone close – If the partner and this person are friends then it may represent aspects of that person you are jealous of or want (money, a baby, etc.). If they don’t get along it may show that a friendly relationship between the two is important to you.
- Advice – Really examine the dream to see what aspects of the person you like and dislike. This may give clues on why you feel this dream occurred.
What if you are the cheater…
Take a deep breath and know that this isn’t a reason to freak out immediately. Dreams, where you are the cheater, represents that you may have feelings of guilt or betrayal to yourself.
- Cheating with a stranger – You may be the one not giving attention or you are focusing on too many things at once.
- Advice – It’s time to refocus and prioritize. What’s important to you?
- Cheating with an ex-partner – Unless you have feelings for your ex and truly want to get back with them, this dream is no reason to worry. It’s your mind telling you that you still need to heal certain aspects from that relationship so you don’t bring those into future relationships.
- Advice – Think about what you need to heal from the last relationship, whether it be communication, an actual betrayal, etc.
- Cheating with someone close – You may be wanting to get close to someone you are both close to. You may feel closed off from them and want the same relationship your partner has with them.
- Advice – Examine the dream and how you feel about the person. What do they have that makes you want to be close to them?
Interested in a reading send me a DM for details or email me at Intuitivelifestyles@gmail.com