Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Tarot Death reversed when I have been asking for change. Reply To: Death reversed when I have been asking for change.

• obake_ga_ippai

February 13, 2021 at 1:33 pm

What question did you ask when drawing your card? Just pulling a card can leave you without direction.

Edited to add: it’s also worth thinking about what tarot means to you as you start your journey. What are its power and its limitations? Do the cards come up by chance, or are they chosen for you in some supernatural way? Are you interpreting them yourself, or are you channelling a spirit or other being when you come up with the meanings? Does tarot have power over you, or are you employing it as a tool? There’s no one universal answer to these questions, and answering them for yourself will serve you well.

For me, as a secular reader, if I knew that I wanted change and intended to create a ritual around it, and then drew a card that seemed to oppose that, I’d be likely to disregard it and draw another card. I might keep in the back of my mind that there could be some small thing that I want to keep and not let go of while going through the change I’m planning, but I wouldn’t let a card sway me from what I already knew I wanted and intended to do.