Endless_AmbiguityGuestFebruary 13, 2021 at 2:34 pm
I have felt disconnected with my first tarot deck too, but I love it so much and I don’t want to abandon them.According to my research and own experience here are some tips that may help:
• if you keep it in a bag/box, wash and clean this
• organize the deck so that the Major and minor arcana are all in order
• “knock off” the deck 3*3 (so 9 times) to clear any old intentions/questions
• cleanse the deck using the four elements, not necessarily in this order: air (incense or smoke bundle), fire (pass it over a candle flame, or set it by the window and let the sun cleanse it), water (dab it with a small amount of moon water, or pass it over the vapour of a diffuser with cleansing essential oil like rosemary), and earth (sprinkle it with salt or use a gemstone, some people even go as far as burying it in the soil with protective wrapping, of course).
• put your deck back in its storage bag/box and place cleansing herbs/gems with it
• re-bond with your deck by keeping them near your beside or wherever you sleep
• do a deck interview before you do any other reading just to get a feel for the cards again
I hope this helps and that you don’t have to resort to retiring your deck especially when it holds such special meaning for you!