Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Tarot how to “charge” for tarot readings? any energy exchange methods that doesn’t involve money? Reply To: how to “charge” for tarot readings? any energy exchange methods that doesn’t involve money?

• Goblin-Alchemist

February 13, 2021 at 3:07 pm

This might be about you and your own energetic attunement and balance, not the querents. I don’t and never have been enervated by a reading and most of them are intense, spiritually and mentally, but also invigorating to me. There is the possibility that you are pouring too much into the effort rather than making a reservation or taking “breaths” an allowing some of the energy to feed back into you. I don’t mean to talk over, so if you haven’t studied other magick or energy harnessing techniques I would recommend that first, if you have then if might just be reattuning how you invest/distribute your energy during each reading.

Also, make sure your querent is invested psychically, this can help with not only the investment of energy but also the readings. There are ways to do this that are slightly charlatan-esque such as letting them handle the deck or calling it by a name or doing some fun test draws before the main reading can also help invest them like drawing a 3-spread and sort of explaining what they mean based on the environment or your own life/experiences that you know will engage and entertain.

But also things like having conversations about them and letting them know you are invested in the reading, or as u/CannedTowels mentioned, getting you a drink or coffee.