Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Mediums How specific can requests be? (Someone suggested I post my dad with a pic that shows his eyes, instead of the previous sunglasses). We had a code word. Is there ever an instance where you can get any letter(s) of a word that might hint at our common word? Pardon my ignorance as I’m not gifted myself Reply To: How specific can requests be? (Someone suggested I post my dad with a pic that shows his eyes, instead of the previous sunglasses). We had a code word. Is there ever an instance where you can get any letter(s) of a word that might hint at our common word? Pardon my ignorance as I’m not gifted myself

• Mnemnosine

February 13, 2021 at 6:31 pm

Before I get into this, how’s your mental and emotional health?

And yes, code words are a good idea. It’s uncommon that they work—but when they do it’s really something. Echoing u/AnaAlesea here—you don’t really need a photo or even a name. You also don’t need more than a photo or a name. The mediums do the work, so keeping info to just a photo and a name is acceptable. For me, a photo helps me tune in, but I want it to be basic with as little detail as possible.