Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Tarot Meditation with Aphantasia Reply To: Meditation with Aphantasia

• altheawild

February 4, 2021 at 12:06 am

I also can’t visualize at all. I like meditating while gazing at a card, and noticing what thoughts or feelings come up. It’s also useful to notice what parts of the card are drawing my eye – maybe it’s a tiny detail I haven’t noticed before, or a color, or something about the overall feel of the card. (As a side note, this is a valid meditation technique in general. Candle gazing is the most common example in witchy circles, but you can use any image as a focus point in meditation in the same way that you would use the breath. Every time your thoughts start to wander, just bring your attention back to the image.)

Even though I can’t visualize, I can sort of imagine myself in space (as if I’m moving or standing differently). If there’s a figure in a card, I often imagine myself standing or sitting in that person’s physical posture. That’s often a way to get inside the card and feel the emotions of the figure.