Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Astrology Why don’t Social Media “Astrologers” put a “for entertainment purposes” warning on some of their posts and creations? Reply To: Why don’t Social Media “Astrologers” put a “for entertainment purposes” warning on some of their posts and creations?

• yinay727

February 4, 2021 at 1:26 pm

I agree that’s it’s a problem, but I think astrology attracts a certain kind of person more than influences them to be that way. Certainly social media astrologers cater to them and encourage them because it makes money. I think they are making money off encouraging unhealthy mindsets.

But this isn’t unique to internet astrology, it’s just more visible. Spirituality has always had these ethical problems, and it’s why I think organized religion is preferable and less prone to abuse.

My personal view is that the concept of “solar house system” (treating your sun sign as if it was your rising sign) that a lot of mainstream astrologers use to create horoscopes is not a valid astrological technique and was invented solely to make money. The fact is a lot of astrologers say stuff like “if this month’s horoscope doesn’t resonate with you, check your moon or Venus sign.”

I think if someone isn’t looking at your chart, it isn’t real astrology.