Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Astrology Why don’t Social Media “Astrologers” put a “for entertainment purposes” warning on some of their posts and creations? Reply To: Why don’t Social Media “Astrologers” put a “for entertainment purposes” warning on some of their posts and creations?

• naadstaartjes

February 4, 2021 at 1:26 pm

There is no real standard for what would make a legitimate astrologer… At least not that I know of. And if there were, you would have brought it up, saying popular astrology is not by the book.

It’s not like you can get a title or study it at Harvard.

It doesn’t make it less of a science, but it does leave it less protected that way. Making it easier for everybody to pick up, which is great, because I personally believe that something like divination comes from within and can be trained by everyone. But you just might disagree with me on that.

I am currently wondering that while we are all discussing the same annoyances here, we might just have different views on what would make a reliable astrologer.

I really enjoy popular astrology. It is a gateway to getting into it a bit deeper if you want to. People who would want to dig deeper, almost always will. I think that’s a personal hunger that won’t be satiated by colorful bitesize pictures one would only find by accident on Instagram.